Saturday, March 13, 2010

March... In like a ?

We have all heard the March saying of, 'In like a lion, out like a lamb' and vice versa. This year has me stumped. Did it come in like a lion or a lamb?

We had a few beautiful days, no doubt about it, and the snow is almost melted, but the cold winter wind and freezing nightly temperatures are letting us know that winter is not quite finished with us yet. Is it just wishful thinking that has me questioning the 'In like a lamb' scenario?

For one, we did not have the crazy amount of snow that we had last year, and secondly we have had a lot of wind lately. Wind gets rid of snow quickly, right? Maybe it's just a combination of these two things, and not the balmy temperatures we had for a few weeks that made everyone think of spring.

I am craving the flowers and sunshine that herald the arrival of spring and am ready for Old Man Winter to disappear. Unfortunately, I also have a teensy amount of a realist hiding deep inside me somewhere. This is after all the Cariboo, and am anticipating the very ugly 'out like a lion'. If it's spring I'm after, I may have to move to find it. For anyone who might be looking for me in the next few weeks, you can find me at my new residence: the blue tent at the end of aisle 3, Greenhouse number 4, Richbar Nursery.

No comments: