Saturday, April 10, 2010

As I was browsing through Quesnel's local book store, I happened upon Brian Smith's book, 'Fly Fishing BC's Interior'. In this guide, Brian shares information on local fishing spots as well as fly tying patterns and fishing techniques. Some of the lakes he writes about in the Quesnel area are: 10 Mile, Bellos, Bishop (Brown), Marmot, Fishpot, the Blackwater River and Tributaries as well as my personal favourite, Dragon Lake.

As I read the book, I was starting to think that the author, is a very knowledgeable man. I had pretty much come to this conclusion already, but when I read this sentence, there was no doubt left in my mind as to the infinite wisdom of Brian Smith. "The accommodation at Robert's Roost on Dragon Lake is the finest among the region's campgrounds (see website at www.robertsroostcampsite.ca)." Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

If you are planning on fishing the waters of the Central Interior or North Cariboo, I highly suggest picking up a copy of this book. And Brian, if you are planning on staying with us again, we would love to have you in for a glass of celebratory wine.

Congratulations on the fantastic book! - Robin & Keith.

No comments: